Monday, September 21, 2015

Waiting Game

Waiting is by far one of the most difficult things for me to do when I am awaiting results from blood tests and x-rays. I usually have my standard blood test results two days after my appointment. However, since my rheumatologist sent blood off for a Vectra DA biomarker analysis, I think she is waiting for them to be returned to her before sending results. I also had X-Rays done last Friday. She should be receiving the results sometime today. All of this waiting to find out if I need to take a different course with my treatment.

On 16 Sep 15, my rheumatologist gave me a shot of Toradol. It is an NSAID that is mildly stronger than Naprosyn. It lasted from midday Tuesday to mid-morning Wednesday. I waited a few days before I took any other pain medication because I didn't want there to be an adverse reaction with the Toradol. Because my body seems to be accustomed to NSAIDs, I decided Tylenol would be my new choice. Sadly, it doesn't really help with the joint pain.

So, today I sit here, trying to put my thoughts into the right words. My typing speed has been reduced by 50% or more, because I have so much pain in my wrists and fingers. (90 wpm to 45 wpm definitely makes a huge difference in the amount of time I spend here.) When I finish, it is time to hobble down the stairs and do chores (because I had a hard time moving for the past three days, everything is piled up and waiting for me), and hopefully get some of the Homecoming Mums made. Thankfully I have until Friday to finish them, but I'd love to be able to get them done yesterday :(.

Hopefully, sometime soon, I will have information. Until then, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment