Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Medicines, Appointments, Blood Work, Oh My

Since the last post, I have seen an improvement with my scalp, I have had more blood drawn, and I am playing the waiting game.

The blood drawn, four vials, was for a TB test so I can begin Stelara. The results came back negative for TB, so the paperwork is in the hands of the insurance company. My last dose of Humira will hopefully be this Thursday. If I do not hear anything before the end of next week, I will more than likely have to order more Humira, which I would rather not have to do, because then the medicine would go to waste if the Stelara is approved and shipped to my Dermatologist's office.

The shampoo and the steroid solution I was given for my scalp have definitely calmed down the psoriasis on my scalp, and around my ears. That is a blessing. I also use the shampoo for other areas of issue, and they have become manageable. I am still losing hair, but only 1/3 of what I was losing 4 days ago. In my opinion, that is a vast improvement.

The GI doctor appointment is scheduled for later this month. I have yet to schedule the cardiologist appointment because if I am going to begin a new medicine, I need to figure out what is "normal" for me while I am taking it. My primary care doctor seems to think my edema is not heart related. She thinks compression socks will help return the blood to my heart. Which reminds me, I need to go purchase some.

My swollen lymph nodes in my neck are "normal" because my body has been fighting the psoriasis and infection on my scalp. Basically, when I can no longer "move" them, then I need to be concerned.

As for my RD, it has flared the past couple of days. It was sort of "expected" because of recent stress, Humira due, and a tiny cold front passing through the area. The part I do not like about it is the low grade fever. It turns my body to mush. My biggest hope is that the Stelara will continue to help with the RD as well as the psoriasis. I am almost out of options.

No comments:

Post a Comment