Thursday, July 27, 2017

Progress

I looked up the diagnostic terms from the dermatologist's appointment notes, and I was mildly upset. I am not really going to go into it here, but it threw me for a huge loop, emotionally.

I have been religious in the use of the steroid solution and the prescription shampoo on my scalp. Three days total, and I can feel a difference. The itching is not as bad, and the inflammation has gone down. The plaques created by the psoriasis have been slowly coming off, however they bring locks of hair with them. I am glad I am not a vain person, because the sides of my head are going bald.

I had four vials of blood taken the other day so that I could get a TB test done before starting Stelara. I am not sure how long that test takes to be returned to the dermatologist. Depending on the results, which should be negative, I get to start Stelara.

Then, to make life more interesting, I suppose gravity decided to pull on me yesterday while I was walking into the garage from the house. There is the two inch step. Not sure exactly what happened, but I twisted my left ankle. I either stepped on something, misjudged where my foot was landing, and it straddled the step, or my ankle picked the wrong time to be weak. I iced and elevated it for six hours yesterday, and took an NSAID. Today, I have a brace on it, and have been keeping it elevated, when I can. The silver lining? I am so used to pain, that what would probably be high on a scale of 1-10, this is about a 3 while resting, but can get to a 5 when walking. My RD pain, when in a flare, is around an 8. 

All in all, it has been a week. Just waiting on lab results, and my appointment with my primary care physician next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment