Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Nausea?

10 May 17

Methotrexate (MTX) is a chemotherapy drug. It is classified as a Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drug (DMARD) as well. Rheumatologists use it in small doses to help control Rheumatoid Disease, Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, and/or other autoimmune diseases.

Many people who use Methotrexate, whether orally or by injection, experience nausea or a "hangover" type feeling. Me, I am a lucky one, I do not have any such side effects.

The past two weeks, however, I have had a "pre" side effect. The thought of getting my vial & syringe from my medicine case, and even filling it, have made me nauseated. Last week, I couldn't control it, so I had to skip my weekly dose of MTX. This week, I had to force myself to work through it, because I knew that my Rheum was going to flare if I didn't.

I know this is a psychological issue. And I am sure it stems from depression over the diseases that are wreaking havoc in body, and other life things that are going on in life for me. I have been trying to work through all them. Sharing with those whom I know I can share, and those I can trust.

Even today, typing my recent reaction to a medicine I have take for almost eight years, I had the same nauseating feeling. I don't know how to explain it or know why it is happening.

Then, I get the "fun" side effect, that isn't even listed as a side effect. It became funnier since I realized, as I began typing this paragraph, it is another psychological issue. I get WEIRD dreams. Sometimes I think a SCI/FI writer enters my brain and begins narrating a new story.

I wonder if anyone else experiences these types of reactions.

Anyway. Had to get this out of my head. Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment