Monday, August 31, 2015

The past month and one half

The past month and one have have been very stressful for me. It started with an accusation, and my body decided that the stress was too much, and began attacking like crazy.

My pain was getting so bad, I had thought of going to the ER a couple of times just for pain management of some sort. Then, the fatigue kicked in full force. Methotrexate and Orencia were not helping. Neither were my essential oils. Finally fed up, I went to my primary care doctor, my rheum doc is generally booked, and we had a long talk. I love doctors who listen and allow me to feel, because I cried, a lot. I ended up getting 1 medication change and a steroid shot.

Within 2 days, my pain went from a solid eight to a wavering five. My fatigue went from I can't keep my eyes open without toothpicks to I can function. Even my headache was fading away.

However, with more stress, comes more symptoms. That is true for today. Now, I need to find some lavender and a balancing blend to hopefully bring my stress levels down and help the pain subside.

No comments:

Post a Comment